Alia Bhatt says her husband Ranbir Kapoor asks her to wipe her lipstick off, draws ire on social media

Alia Bhatt is being criticised on social media over a recent video where she talks about her husband Ranbir Kapoor and his preferences when it comes to her applying lipstick.

In a video by Vogue India, Alia is seen giving make-up tips. While giving advice for applying lipstick she says that she has concocted a method that works for her in which she puts the lipstick and wipes it off to get a faded look. “Because one thing my husband…when he wasn't my husband but when he was my boyfriend as well… he would be like ‘wipe that off, wipe that off’ because he loves the natural colour of my lips,” she says in the video.

This didn’t sit well with social media users and many spoke against Ranbir for being “toxic” and “controlling.” “The more I listen about Ranbir Kapoor the more I feel scared for her. If your bf/husband is telling you to wipe your lipstick that the biggest sign for you to run! It is not cute or funny at all! Can not believe the most celebrated actress at this moment of India is going through this,” wrote one person in a comment.

“I would never allow a guy who asks me to wipe off my lipstick anywhere close to me,” wrote one. “Alia Bhatt’s marriage can be an episode of Made in Heaven,” posted another.

Previously too Ranbir and Alia have faced the ire of social media users over such comments. While promoting Brahmastra, during which Alia was pregnant, Ranbir had made a joke on her weight and had received a lot of backlash. In a Vice interview, Alia had talked about how Ranbir doesn’t like it when she raises her voice. “I have to try very hard to control my anger because my husband does not like (it) when my voice goes above this decibel. Because he thinks it's not fair and it's important to be kind even when you are unhappy,” she had said. This also invited a lot of criticism.

On the work front, Alia is basking in the success of Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani, while Ranbir is awaiting the release of Animal. The two appeared together on-screen last year for Brahmastra Part One: Shiva.



from Cinemaexpress - News - https://ift.tt/pcFfEQq https://ift.tt/3d6kRp5
via CINEXP1

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post