Shah Rukh Khan on political messaging of Jawan, Dunki release date and "fooling" Deepika Padukone into doing the film

Shah Rukh Khan, director Atlee, Vijay Sethupathi and Deepika Padukone attended a press conference held for Jawan in Mumbai on Friday. Actor Nayanthara could not attend the event owing to her mother's birthday and addressed the conference via a video message. The film has been faring well at the box office and has amassed Rs 696.67 crore worldwide.

Among other things, at the event Shah Rukh hinted at the release date of Dunki, his next with Rajkumar Hirani. "We released Pathaan on January 26, an auspicious day. Then I came up with Jawan on Janmashtami. Now we are bringing Dunki on Christmas. I keep national integration in mind. Aur jis din meri film release hoti hain iss din Eid toh hoti hi hain (and the day my film is released that day can be considered Eid)."

Professing his love and admiration for SRK, Atlee said that Jawan for him was a love letter to the actor. When asked what was his formula behind making the film, he said, "I'm not a writer, director, I'm a fan, and fan not to an individual, but to cinema. Whatever attracts me... Whatever feels right, I make it. I don't know the formula, I can't explain the formula or how I found it."

Vijay Sethupathi also proclaimed love for the star and said that many people from Chennai called him because they couldn't get the tickets for the first day, first show of the film. "They love him so much but then it is not a surprise for me because SRK the name is enough. Everybody loves him so much and then the way he behaves and the way he treats people, he just only gives love. If somebody has written SRK, you can go and just hug the name also. I love you sir," the Vikram Vedha actor said.

SRK shouted back, saying, "I love you back more sir and after this press conference, if I may propose to you, then we may marry now sir." Sethupathi continued the banter, adding, "Nothing wrong sir".

Shah Rukh and Atlee also spoke about how they "fooled" Deepika into believing that she had a cameo in the film and instead gave her a full-fledged role. "We fooled Deepika. She thought she’s doing a cameo because of love but we made her shoot the whole film. Thank you Atlee sir, thank you Vijay sir, thank you Nayan ji, thank you Deepika for not catching that we made you shoot the whole film.”

Deepika also spoke about doing the film only because of her love for SRK. " I really just did this for my love for Shah Rukh and everyone knows the relationship that we share. And I didn’t anticipate for this to become so special but I’m just proud and happy to be here and support the team.”

At the end of the event, Shah Rukh in an apparent reference to the political messaging of Jawan said that the film represents "all Indians."

“Jawan is a feeling which every Indian has,” the actor said. “Jawan is an emotion. Jawan is an Indian soldier, an Indian mother, an Indian girl, and an Indian vigilante. You have to understand that Jawan, many times, is very weak, because it’s all of us, and, many times, he’s ready for a fight. Jawan is many times wrong but very many times he’s also right. Jawan will sometimes live in the darkness. Sometimes, Jawan will be the one who will be emanating the light.”

“Finally, every Indian is Jawan who is upright,” he added.



from Cinemaexpress - News - https://ift.tt/Jy36Qz9 https://ift.tt/y8QRtfc
via CINEXP1

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post