It gave me what I miss at the movies: Hansal Mehta reviews Dunki 

Filmmaker Hansal Mehta took to social media to appreciate Shah Rukh Khan's recent film Dunki, directed by Rajkumar Hirani.

"I really enjoyed #Dunki. Not perfect but so what. It’s perfectly fine. It gave me what I miss at the movies," Hansal wrote. Calling the film "nostalgic, heartfelt, simple and an ode to what films once used to be", Hansal continued, "Not a film I want to overanalyse or overthink. Give me a Rajkumar Hirani film any day. Nice to end the year with Shah Rukh Khan tugging at your heart strings, looking into her eyes with love and playing a softie. Lovely ensemble and an enduring charm pervades the film which is not a drama, not a comedy, not a tragedy and not a thriller. It is a Rajkumar Hirani film all the way. Go watch it and decide for yourself.”

Dunki, also starring Taapsee Pannu, Boman Irani, Vicky Kaushal, Vikram Kochhar and Anil Grover, is about the donkey route that illegal immigrants take to reach first world countries. The film is about a bunch of youngsters from Punjab who after failing to get a visa legally, undertake the route with the help of a soldier, to reach London.



from Cinemaexpress - News - https://ift.tt/ns05Ngf https://ift.tt/QPC514k
via CINEXP1

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post