Sandeep Reddy Vanga on dropping Parineeti Chopra for Animal: I said sorry, nothing is bigger than the film

Animal director Sandeep Reddy Vanga recently admitted that it was his “fault” to first cast Parineeti Chopra opposite Ranbir Kapoor in the film and later reject her as she didn’t fit the role and go with Rashmika Mandanna for the character of Geetanjali.

In an interview with Komal Nahta, Sandeep said that he has always been a fan of Parineeti and even wanted to cast her in his Hindi debut Kabir Singh. The director added that Shahid Kapoor was also not the first choice for the film and he had wanted to cast Ranveer Singh in the lead, but the actor refused because the subject matter was too dark for him.

The filmmaker said he had signed Parineeti one and a half years before the shoot of Animal began, without auditioning her. “Some characters don’t feel set in some people. I don’t believe in auditions, I go with instincts only. From day one I liked her acting, I always wanted to cast her as Preeti, also in Kabir Singh but even that could not happen. It’s long due, I always want to work with her, I told her and she knew that.”

Sandeep also said he apologised to the actor. “I said sorry, nothing is bigger than the film. So, I am going ahead with someone else. She felt bad, but she understood why I was saying that.”

Previously, when it was announced that Rashmika had stepped in to do the film, Parineeti had told India Today, “These things happen, it is a part and parcel of life. We must make such choices every day. You make the choice that is right for you.”



from Cinemaexpress - News - https://ift.tt/omrjG8N https://ift.tt/dRK72Xo
via CINEXP1

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post